Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Fast click and drag (zoom) command being interpreted as a click (repeat) command......

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Fast click and drag (zoom) command being interpreted as a click (repeat) command...... 

Last post Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:59 PM by ClintMeyer. 4 replies.
Started by ClintMeyer 25 Nov 2013 01:53 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 571 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 25 2013 1:53 PM

Fast click and drag (zoom) command being interpreted as a click (repeat) command...... Reply

In my current setup I use right click and drag for zooming in.  I hold the right mouse button and drag to draw a box and when I release the mouse I will zoom into the box I have created.  

I am noticing that if I execute a very fast zoom box, cadence will interpret my drag as a right mouse click and therefore execute my right mouse click command rather than my right mouse click drag command.  In my current setup right click executes a repeat command (cadence default in our installation).

I would like to remove the right click cadence default bindkey in hopes that Cadence will not interpret my click, drag and release as a right click rather my intended click, drag and release.  

I did the same thing in Cadence 6.x and no matter how fast I was able to click and drag it never interpreted my click and drag as a plain click and release.  

There seems to be a time sensitivity to whether a click and release is a click or drag command.  I can move the mouse rather far in the short time that is still inside the "click" time window.  

Is there a cdsenv variable that sets up click time? 
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 25 2013 6:02 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,075
    Re: Fast click and drag (zoom) command being interpreted as a click (repeat) command...... Reply

Hi Clint,

Yes there is an environment variable to control the double-click time:

ui  dblClkTime     int     200

Double Click Time is given in milliseconds. 200 ms is 1/5th of a second. If the program receives a second mouse click in the window of time defined by Double Click Time, the action is taken as a double-click.

This is also controlled from the UI under Options -> User Preferences, Double Click Time (a slider controls the value) .

Hopefully this is what you are looking for?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Nov 26 2013 1:20 AM

• Frank Wiedmann
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Muenchen, Bavaria
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,575
    Re: Fast click and drag (zoom) command being interpreted as a click (repeat) command...... Reply
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:58 PM

Lawrence

Unintuitively that works, I saw that option but did not try it since I was not doing a double click.  THANKS FOR THE TIP!!!!

Clint 

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:59 PM

Thanks for pointing me towards that, looks like I am not alone.  Thankfully the double click time worked.  
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ClintMeyer at 25 Nov 2013 01:53 PM. Topic has 4 replies.