Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Problem while running monte carlo simulation in ADE XL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem while running monte carlo simulation in ADE XL 

Last post Mon, Oct 21 2013 2:32 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by donnytsunami 17 Oct 2013 09:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 2372 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 9:04 PM

Problem while running monte carlo simulation in ADE XL Reply
    Hi all,

I tried some google-fu but came up short on solutions to this particular problem. I encounter the following error while running a monte carlo simulation:

ERROR (ADE-5014): Variable 'libNameSel': value US_8ths not found in choices list ("").

I am quite stumped as to where this is coming from. The circuit in question is a simple CMOS inverter. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. If you need more detail please let me know and I can provide.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:46 PM

Re: Problem while running monte carlo simulation in ADE XL Reply

Where exactly does the error appear? Also, which subversion are you using? (Help->About in the CIW will tell you).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Oct 21 2013 11:53 AM

I am using version IC6.1.6.500.1

The error message appears in  CDS.log when I try to kick off the monte carlo simulation.

• Mon, Oct 21 2013 2:32 PM

OK, looking into what triggers that error message number, it must be coming from the MDL options form.  It suggests that you must have a test in your ADE XL setup which has the MDL Control options set, and is referring to a library which is no longer in your cds.lib.

So, I'd suggest double clicking on each test, bringing up the ADE XL test editor, and then going to Simulation->MDL Control...

The libNameSel is the name of the Library field (used if MDL Control File is set to "From cellView"). Maybe you need to fiddle with this to point to a valid library and then OK the form (even if "Enable MDL Mode" is turned off), and then close the ADE XL test editor to save it.

Worth a try. I'm pretty confident that the message is related to this form, since libNameSel only occurs on this form.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by donnytsunami at 17 Oct 2013 09:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies.