Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Starting an internal Allegro User Group

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Starting an internal Allegro User Group 

Last post Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:22 AM by Boma. 1 replies.
Started by RTMORA2 11 Oct 2013 09:43 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 2222 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Oct 11 2013 9:43 AM

• RTMORA2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 12 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 165
    Starting an internal Allegro User Group Reply

I work for a company that has many Allegro design groups around the country. Has anyone started a user group within the company to support and share ideas specific to the company?  Possibly setting up a SharePoint side so that information is organized and captured. Users could get notified by email when new posts are added.  I realize this would require someone to manage the group. Could be good or bad (time consuming), or  maybe just a simple email group.  Any advice or ideas are welcome.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:22 AM

• Boma
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Posts 37
    • Points 515
    Re: Starting an internal Allegro User Group Reply

Great Idea!  We once had an internal bulletin board system that I created years ago that worked fine for a while.  One problem we had was how to insure that the info was current.  We found that with new releases of software our internal processes would change and we had scattered old process references on the bulletin board that was starting to confuse people.  I think if you fix that issue without too much time being spent on it, it could work.  I liked the auto emails when something new was added or updated.  It was an easy way to keep people informed on new processes and tool features.  We even posted how-to videos that we created.

Good luck!

Boma 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RTMORA2 at 11 Oct 2013 09:43 AM. Topic has 1 replies.