Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Events failure in Ultrasim simulator

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Events failure in Ultrasim simulator 

Last post Tue, May 15 2007 10:32 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 15 May 2007 10:32 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1070 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 15 2007 10:32 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    Events failure in Ultrasim simulator Reply

I tried to simulate my pipeline ADC circuit which contains both Analog and Digital blocks. Earlier I tried with the Verilog-A coding instead of the verilog coding as I was unaware of the mixed simulators like SpectreVerilog and UltrasimVerilog. Now I included the digital verilog part also into the schmatic and simulated successfully with SPectreVerilog. But when I tried with Ultrasim the Verilog-A block failed to properly identify the Analog events. I activate my Verilog-A block only during cross +ve event but it generates glitches during other transitions of the clock also. similar problem occured with UltrasimVerilog with digital block producing glitches. Verilog block got activated during the negative clock transitios also whereas I programmed only for positive clock tranisitions. I checked whether there is any problem from the analog side but the analog side waveforms look normal. Is there any known solution to this problem??

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gunturikishore28
    • Post Points: 0
  • Tue, May 29 2007 1:48 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: Events failure in Ultrasim simulator Reply

This is unlikely to be a general problem, but specific to your data. I suggest you contact Cadence customer support where we can help you with this, looking at your specific data.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by adbeckett
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 15 May 2007 10:32 PM. Topic has 1 replies.