Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > DC Temperature sweep at an offset

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

DC Temperature sweep at an offset 

Last post Thu, Oct 10 2013 4:50 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Flyyn Rider 10 Oct 2013 02:12 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 591 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:12 AM

• Flyyn Rider
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 19 2010
    • NY, OH
    • Posts 24
    • Points 330
    DC Temperature sweep at an offset Reply

Hi,

I am using Temperature DC sweep in my simulations using Cadence 6. Can I sweep temperature at an offset instead of DC? like for example at 2ms. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Oct 10 2013 3:13 AM

Re: DC Temperature sweep at an offset Reply

If you're asking if you can change the temperature during a transient at a particular time point, then the answer is yes (your question is quite confusing, because you refer to an "offset" - and you specify an offset in ms (offset is not the term I'd have used to describe a time, but a voltage or current offset). Anyway, if that's what you want, it can be done via the "Dynamic Parameter" checkbox on the transient analysis form in ADE.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Oct 10 2013 3:22 AM

• Flyyn Rider
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 19 2010
    • NY, OH
    • Posts 24
    • Points 330
    I am making a DC Temperature sweep. I mean I am running a DC simulation and my sweep variable is temperature (-150 to 150). I am measuring a certain voltage at all these temperature values but the cadence measures voltage values for DC sweep at time=0. Can I make it measure voltage for this temperature range at 2ms instead at time=0. I have explored various options and it seems not possible. Still any input might be helpful.
  • Thu, Oct 10 2013 4:50 AM

You can't really do this. I'm not sure it makes much sense either - the issue is that the operating point you have at time 2ms will have a set of consistent voltages - if you sweep the temperature, you'd be expecting to see those voltages change - so what do the values at that time point mean any more? You'd end up with some kind of discontinuous behaviour at that time point.

So it's not possible and I don't think it even makes sense. You could vary the temperature (gradually) over time using dynamic parameters - but not do a dc at a time point. You can do an ac sweep at a time point (using acnames/actimes), but not a dc sweep.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Flyyn Rider at 10 Oct 2013 02:12 AM. Topic has 3 replies.