Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > How to get best results from synthesis

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to get best results from synthesis 

Last post Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:48 AM by bmiller. 3 replies.
Started by Kirtesh Tiwari 05 Oct 2013 03:04 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3732 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:04 AM

• Kirtesh Tiwari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 23 2012
    • unnao, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    How to get best results from synthesis Reply

I want to do the synthesis so that i can get best results from that , how to so that if you have any tutorila please let me know.

Thanks  

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 7 2013 6:20 AM

• grasshopper
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Chelmsford, MA
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,200
    Re: How to get best results from synthesis Reply

Hi Shobhit,

you will need to be a little more specific. Most tools out there have detailed manuals in addition to the extensive number of books out there on the subject. Nothing is perfect but certainly a google search will return a number of hits. Most important, synthesis is not one-size-fits-all. Tools are tuned to provide good out-of-the-box results. However, depending on your design goals, the recipe will change. Is your designs most important measure area ? timing ? power ? is it difficult to route ? is it leakage or dynamic power ? Can you use multiple power domains ? Can you apply retiming ? Is your design dominate by macros ? If you want an intelligent answer you will have to provide substantially more detail. I would recommend you approach your local support and review some of your results and goals with them. They are bound to be able to provide you with ample valuable feedback based on their experience and knowledge of the tools

good luck,

gh-

• Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:00 PM

• Kirtesh Tiwari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 23 2012
    • unnao, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Hi Grasshopper,

I am KIRTESH not shobhit :-)

any way I have a design that has 5corners and 3 modes , 8 power domains, I need to focus mainly on power but as we know we can not use more area too. I am also using upf , power switch , isolation cells, always on byffers , clock gates etc.

Hope now I will get a procedure for that .

• Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:48 AM

• bmiller
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • Ottawa, Ontario
    • Posts 42
    • Points 570

Kirtesh,

What you are asking for is not simple.  Power domains and multiple modes make for a complex synthesis environment.  But, the write_template command in RC will give you an excellent starting point.  I think the write_template options you need are -power and -cpf (for power domains).

rc:/>  write_template -power -cpf -outfile my_rc_script.tcl

If you encounter an issues, I suggest you contact the RC AE in your area or file a service request at support.cadence.com.

Good luck!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Kirtesh Tiwari at 05 Oct 2013 03:04 AM. Topic has 3 replies.