Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to tell netlister to stop at a particular cell during schematic netlisting

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to tell netlister to stop at a particular cell during schematic netlisting 

Last post Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:24 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by MYIN 13 Sep 2013 07:19 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 285 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:19 AM

• MYIN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 8 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    How to tell netlister to stop at a particular cell during schematic netlisting Reply

During schematic netlisting, how can I tell it to stop at a specific cell level (do not go inside)?

Thanks,

Ming

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:27 AM

Re: How to tell netlister to stop at a particular cell during schematic netlisting Reply

Two ways - one is to create a stopping view (e.g. a "spectre" view if using spectre as the simulator, which is a copy of the symbol).

The other alternative (if it's just a temporary thing) is to add a Stop Point in the hierarchy editor. You can do this on a cell-basis or instance-basis - go over the row in the cell table (or entry in the tree if it's an instance) and do Right Mouse->Add Stop Point. You might want to do a Right Mouse button menu over the column headings in the table and check "Info" so that you can see the column which shows you the fact that there's a stop point set.

See the picture below.

Andrew.

• Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:18 AM

• MYIN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 8 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    Re: How to tell netlister to stop at a particular cell during schematic netlisting Reply

I have to use the first option with ADE L. I have following lines in the si.env,

simViewList = '("spectre" "schematic " "veriloga" "ahdl")

simStopList = '("inverter_A")

I like the netlister to stop at "inverter_A", do not go inside. 

Do you think they are correct?

Thanks

• Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:24 AM

No. That's not right.

First of all, you do not "have" to use the first option with ADE L. You can simulate a config with ADE L - so this is by far the best approach.

Secondly, if not using a config, the switch and stop lists are defined via the Setup->Environment form in ADE. It wouldn't read a "si.env" file anyway - you potentially could put it in a .simrc file, but I wouldn't recommend that - there are cdsenv variables if you want to change the defaults, but it sounds as if this is specific to a particular design.

Thirdly, the stop list can only contain view names (not cell names), and the view names need to be in the list of views in the view list - the idea is that it tries to switch into the views in the view list in order, and switches into the first in the list. Once switched into that view, it checks if that view is in the stop list (and if so, it stops expandign the hierarchy).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MYIN at 13 Sep 2013 07:19 AM. Topic has 3 replies.