Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > parameter sweep with extracted view

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

parameter sweep with extracted view 

Last post Wed, Sep 11 2013 7:53 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by pirateKing08 10 Sep 2013 03:59 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 300 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:59 AM

• pirateKing08
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 16 2011
    • Cirencester, Gloucestershire
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    parameter sweep with extracted view Reply

I'm sure I have managed to do this in the past where I used the "Variables and Parameters" pane in ADEXL to alter a value of a component in an extracted view  like a resistor say and sweep this value without going round the layout loop. If a montecarlo is being performed and you have saved a statistical corner which gave a bad result then you may want to sweep a component parameter in the extracted view without altering the netlist and rendering the statistical corner invalid. The "Variables and Parameters" pane is not available in the extracted view so I don't know what trick I used to do this. Anyone tried this?

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Sep 10 2013 4:31 AM

Re: parameter sweep with extracted view Reply

This certainly works in IC616, because there's been explicit work on supporting it. I think at some point in the past it was also there for extracted, but maybe it was removed because it didn't work properly...

Can you try in IC616?

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Sep 11 2013 7:49 AM

• pirateKing08
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 16 2011
    • Cirencester, Gloucestershire
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Thank you Andrew

I've just moved from IC615 ISR16 to a ropey IC616. Did you mean that the Variable and Parameters pane was available in the extracted view? Or were you refering to the Variation Aware Design flow to stich LDE effects back onto schematic? I cannot use the VAD flow as it is not supported at 40nm by TSMC only 28nm and below. I think I use to get around this by running an L simulation and editing the input.scs then running runSimulation from the comman line.

Regards

Lance 

• Wed, Sep 11 2013 7:53 AM

Er, Lance, I'm a bit embarrassed now. I just realised that the Variables and Parameters support in extracted views is coming in IC616 ISR3 (I was doing some testing before going on holiday in August). So it's not there yet. This is due at the beginning of November.

Not sure what's "ropey" about it, but maybe we can take that offline...

So no, I'm not talking about the LDE flow.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by pirateKing08 at 10 Sep 2013 03:59 AM. Topic has 3 replies.