Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Switch Extracted view names in ADEXL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Switch Extracted view names in ADEXL 

Last post Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:57 PM by ank0888. 3 replies.
Started by ank0888 05 Sep 2013 01:06 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 311 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:06 AM

• ank0888
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 26 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 50
    Switch Extracted view names in ADEXL Reply

All

Is  there a way I can create a variable say "ev_view" in ADEXL/L  assign to say "schematic" or extracted views and toggle between different extracted views and or schematic view to perform simulations?

Thanks 

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:45 AM

• ank0888
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 50
    Re: Switch Extracted view names in ADEXL Reply

Just wanted to add that I dont want to use the environment -->switch view list or Hierarchy editor -config view.

I want to use a design variable to define the extracted view ( I have multiple extracted views for cell with different extract combinations)

I would like to use ADEXL -corner extraction flow ; include the design variable and create multiple corners. For each corner, I can vary the design variable so it would point to different extracted views.

I am aware this can be done. Am not sure how to assign the design variable to an view name

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:54 AM

The way to do this is to not use a config (because you can't have ADE variables in the config views), but instead simulate from the schematic. In the ADE XL test editor, use Setup->Environment (or Right Mouse->Environment over the test name) set the switch view list to something like:

spectre VAR("ex_view") cmos_sch cmos.sch schematic veriloga

Then you'll see a test variable (and a global variable) called "ex_view" appearing. You can set this to (say) "schematic" (with the quotes), or "schematic","veriloga","av_extracted" to simulate all three views. You could do the same thing in your corner definitions.

Of course, because it's done via the global view list, you have to be careful that you're not affecting the view of more cells than you want, but careful naming of the views should fix that. All that the above would be doing is moving up the priority of the view you want to simulate over the rest of the view list.

Hope that helps! (I did check that this does indeed work).

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:57 PM

• ank0888
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 50

Thanks a bunch Andrew. This is exactly what I was looking for. Works like a charm

Rgds

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ank0888 at 05 Sep 2013 01:06 AM. Topic has 3 replies.