Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > SKILL for image saving in ViVA

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL for image saving in ViVA 

Last post Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:15 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by dannynoonan 04 Sep 2013 07:56 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 2778 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:56 PM

SKILL for image saving in ViVA Reply
    We'd like to Create a single bindkey to change the waveform background in ViVA (in 6.1.5), then save off an image of it with a standardized name and some default setttings.  But I don't see any doing either of these things through SKILL.  I searched this forum and found this from Andrew Beckett:  

"There's currently no SKILL API to add point markers, unfortunately. Please contact customer support - I'm pretty certain this is in the list of things requested (we plan to tidy up the various SKILL interfaces to ViVA as there are a lot of legacy functions which date from the old AWD days, and also new functionality in ViVA which requires a clean API to access them; however, the first focus was to get the new ViVA graph solid and with a clean use model, and then add the SKILL interface afterwards)."

Is this still true?  Is there still limited SKILL interface to ViVA?
    • Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:32 AM

Re: SKILL for image saving in ViVA Reply

The SKILL API available for ViVA are still quite limited, but in IC616 there's a new saveGraphImage() function which is more powerful than the older hardcopy() function in IC615.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:19 AM

A bit more detail:

A new argument ?backgroundColor is added to command saveGraphImage to allow
    saving graph image with a user specified color.
    Default value : Current background color of graph image (nil).

To save a graph image with 'light grey' background color.
       saveGraphImage(?window window ?fileName "check.jpg" ?backgroundColor "light grey")

To save with current background color of graph(default behavior)
       saveGraphImage(?window window ?fileName "check.jpg" ?backgroundColor nil) 

This is in IC616. Just means that you've got the option to change the background colour at the same time as saving an image.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:19 PM

• baimage
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 27 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35

after seeing your post, i have a slight understanding in your view of image saving.  image saving is a basic function for image processing in a VB.NET imaging SDK.  why don't you try to solve your problem by using some sample codes in your project and save images with default setttings. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:22 PM

• Nana111
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 9 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

baimage:

after seeing your post, i have a slight understanding in your view of image saving.  image saving is a basic function for image processing in a VB.NET imaging SDK.  why don't you try to solve your problem by using some sample codes in your project and save images with default setttings. 

HI there

Thanks for your sharing.It's really helpful.But it is a little bit difficult for me to solve this  problem by using some sample codes.I think it would be more convenient if there is an image tool which supports to save image directly.Thanks for any suggestion.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:15 AM

The previous response (that you quoted) was a bit of irrelevant spam (I think) - probably I should have deleted that append at the time.

Anyway, if you're asking how to save images in ViVA without needing code, why not just use File->Save Image? It's not clear to me what suggestion you're asking for?

Andrew.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by dannynoonan at 04 Sep 2013 07:56 PM. Topic has 5 replies.