Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADEXL: backannotation of transient operating points for montecarlo points

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADEXL: backannotation of transient operating points for montecarlo points 

Last post Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:45 AM by spectrallypure. 3 replies.
Started by spectrallypure 02 Sep 2013 10:07 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 674 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Sep 2 2013 10:07 AM

ADEXL: backannotation of transient operating points for montecarlo points Reply

Hi all! Could anybody please tell me how can I backannotate transient operating points in ADEXL for single montecarlo points? I am able to do it in "Single Run, Sweeps and Corners" mode, but when I switch to "Monte Carlo Sampling" mode, the  "Annotate->Transient Operating Points" option goes grayed-out. I have tried the montecarlo option "Save Data to allow Family Plots" but it doesn't change anything. I can see in the output log of the points that spectre is saving the data for the specified "infotimes" values, so I guess the information is there, it's just that I am not able to backannotate it to the schematic.

I really need this option for debugging failing montecarlo points. If for some reason this were not possible, would there be any way of taking the netlist of the failing montecarlo point and simulate it separately, say, using ADEL?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Jorge.

P.S. I am using  ADE version IC6.1.5.500.16.2 with spectre 10.1.1.218.isr14

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:51 AM

• Frank Wiedmann
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Muenchen, Bavaria
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,575
    Re: ADEXL: backannotation of transient operating points for montecarlo points Reply

Have you tried creating a statistical corner from the montecarlo point and repeating the simulation in corner mode (see page 27 of http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:DocumentViewer;src=wp;q=ApplicationNotes/Custom_IC_Design/Stat_Quick_Start_615isr15.pdf)?

• Tue, Sep 3 2013 1:24 AM

Re: ADEXL: backannotation of transient operating points for montecarlo points Reply

This was a bug in the simulator - it was not writing the results correctly if using infotimes on a transient  within a monte carlo (I think statistical corner would have the same problem, since it's just a single point monte carlo). I can't quite remember when it was fixed, but I think it was in MMSIM121 ISR8 (or 9). So using the latest MMSIM121 ISR would be sensible.

There is a remaining issue - you have to ensure that you have at least one "info" analysis enabled on the Save All form (this is CCR 1183683). That should hopefully get fixed soon (it's a relatively new CCR, but should be straightforward to fix).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:45 AM

Thanks so much for the suggestions, guys; changing to spectre version 12.1.1.048 did the trick! :)

(Sorry for the late reply!)

Cheers,

Jorge.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by spectrallypure at 02 Sep 2013 10:07 AM. Topic has 3 replies.