Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to use stimulus files as parameters in paramAnalysis

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to use stimulus files as parameters in paramAnalysis 

Last post Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:10 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by vanderpollator 22 Aug 2013 08:22 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 293 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:22 AM

How to use stimulus files as parameters in paramAnalysis Reply

If I have two stimulus files, AC_1.scs and AC_2.scs and I use "AC_stimulus" as a parameter.  How do I sweep these two stimulus files in paramAnalysis?    I know the following oceanscript will NOT work (But syntax is OK)   

stimulusFile( ?xlate nil  strcat(pre_path design_name post_path  AC_stimulus) )

paramAnalysis("AC_stimulus" ?values '("AC_1.scs" "AC_2.scs" ) )

paramRun()

If this scheme of "ASCII inputs as values in paramAnalysis is not working", what I actually want is "How to place two simulation results on the same plot?"   (paramAnalysis should be the most convenient way to do it but I think it may have the other smart way to do it.)

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:10 PM

Re: How to use stimulus files as parameters in paramAnalysis Reply

I don't think it's possible to do a parametric analysis of string names.

You'd probably have to have a foreach loop, and change the stimulusFile each time - note that each call to stimulusFile() is cumulative (unless you re-initialize the OCEAN session by calling simulator() again), and you can't currently do delete('stimulusFile). See this solution of mine as an alternative.

Within the loop, you can do your plotting - and then the plots can be on the same graph.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by vanderpollator at 22 Aug 2013 08:22 AM. Topic has 1 replies.