Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Questions about a creating a menu from ADE

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Questions about a creating a menu from ADE 

Last post Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:26 PM by TaherKotb. 1 replies.
Started by nrk1 21 Aug 2013 07:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 272 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:30 PM

• nrk1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 21 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    Questions about a creating a menu from ADE Reply

I want to create (skill code for) a new menu item in ADE which will help with modified circuit analysis(The analysis itself isn't modified. The circuit is modified several times, transient analysis run on it, and the results combined). I'd like pointers on where to look for the information below. I have already got the skill code working for modifying the schematic based on some information entered in the new menu form. I'm assuming that the transient analysis for the original circuit is setup correctly in ADE (from which the menu will be called) and I am hoping that I can run simulations on the modified circuit by using most of this setup and changing only the netlist. 

* If I create a menu from ADE, will it inherit the attributes(simulation setup, model setup, environment, variables etc.) of the parent session. How do I access these? I guess I'll need these to create the new netlist(in which essentially one element is replaced with another) and run the simulation. 

* I see an executable runSimulation and a skill file spectre*.ocn in psf/ directory. Which of these should I use to run the simulation?

Thanks

Nagendra 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:26 PM

• TaherKotb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 24 2013
    • Posts 24
    • Points 315
    Re: Questions about a creating a menu from ADE Reply

Hello Negendra

Here are some answers 

I am not sure if you want to create a new menu or a new item in an existing menu so i wrote both.

;; Create a new pull down menu with menu items

procedure( load_file()

load( "/form1.il" )  ;; the file you want to link to the menu item and be loaded

)

; get the menu item description 

trMenuItemTwo = hiCreateMenuItem(?name 'trMenuItemTwo ?itemText "sensitivity analysis " ?callback "load_file()")

; create pull down menu adding the menu item description as an argument

hiCreatePulldownMenu(

'trPulldownMenu      

"Results"       

list( trMenuItemTwo )

)

;; adding a menu item in an existing menu ( say Analyses )

; get the list of menus available in window of the ADE (   when you run this command ADE window should be the top window) 

hiGetBannerMenus( hiGetCurrentWindow() )

->( sevSessionMenu1 sevSetupMenu1 sevAnalysesMenu1 sevVariablesMenu1

sevOutputsMenu1 sevSimulationMenu1 sevResultsMenu1 sevToolsMenu1 sevHelpMenu1

add the menu item (trMenuItemTwo in the Analyses pull down menu) 

hiInsertMenuItem( sevAnalysesMenu1 trMenuItemTwo  0 ) ; 0 is the position of the menu item in the menu (first)

**END

You can refer to the Skill User Interface reference (skuiref) for more info and you can create the sliding menuitem using hiCreateSliderMenuItem

Best Regards

Taher 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by nrk1 at 21 Aug 2013 07:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies.