Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > importing EDIF file (library install)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

importing EDIF file (library install) 

Last post Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:26 AM by oldnick. 2 replies.
Started by oldnick 19 Aug 2013 08:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 581 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Aug 19 2013 8:52 AM

• oldnick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 3 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    importing EDIF file (library install) Reply

Hi, I've been trying to install some io libraries into virtuoso 6.1.5 and having little success. It's the CIO220_3.3V_Compact_Inline_I_O_(0.18um)_2003.12 library I'm trying to install at present, I think it's from synopsys but I downloaded it from towerjazz. Anyhow, after limited communication with the supplier with instructions to use directories which didn;t exist amonst other things, I found some posts on forums which seem to have got me closer to my goal. I've used the virtuoso window to file-import a lef file and Ito stream in a gds file so I have a bunch of components in the library I created in library manager, there is of course only the layout view availible (and occasionaly and abstract, whatever that is). Anyway, I'm under the impression to get the scematic views I have to import the file in the edif folder, which is actually an edf file. Anyway, I use the edif 200 In (there's no 300 option), the run directory I set as my library directory and then I point ot the edf file for the input file. When I examine the log file I have a syntax error on line 1 between ( and comment

line 1 is (comment........ etc.

I'm flying blind a bit as I haven't found any documentation on how to import/install libraries in cadence's help material and the foundry seem unresponsive to any queries I have. I'm probably doing this completely incorrectly, but any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Aug 27 2013 9:48 PM

Re: importing EDIF file (library install) Reply

As I'm even blinder as I can't see your data, I think the best bet would be to ask the supplier - or to contact customer support so that we can do a web session with you to walk through this.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:26 AM

• oldnick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 3 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: importing EDIF file (library install) Reply

I have of course done both of those before I posted here (they were taking an inordinately long time to respond), and was largely ignored other than eventually getting a list of actions to follow which result in the errors I've already mentioned and some more ones whilst trying to import spice. In the week or so since then no matter how many times I contact customer support/the vendor there is no reply. I posted here in the hope that somebody had experienced similar or recognised the error.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by oldnick at 19 Aug 2013 08:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies.