Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > OrCAD netlisting error "Multiple pin 4's which have different nets connected for U?"

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

OrCAD netlisting error "Multiple pin 4's which have different nets connected for U?" 

Last post Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:11 AM by chads108. 2 replies.
Started by chads108 16 Aug 2013 06:49 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 565 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:49 AM

• chads108
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 29 2012
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 183
    • Points 3,230
    OrCAD netlisting error "Multiple pin 4's which have different nets connected for U?" Reply

I have a 4 gate part which has the power pins explicit on each gate that doesn't seem to want to netlist.  I only have an actual net connected to one of the gates.   This method seems to work with other parts, but not this one.  I keep getting the same error.  I have tried creating a new part from one I know works, but still am getting the error.  Any ideas?

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:58 AM

• KEN13
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 6 2008
    • Pleasant Valley, CT
    • Posts 113
    • Points 1,800
    Re: OrCAD netlisting error "Multiple pin 4's which have different nets connected for U?" Reply

Chad,

I am not sure why one does work, however for PCB Editor netlist I found you need to put the power and ground symbol on each package.  If not it sees the part as having power and no connection at the same pin and therefore gives the error.  I have not seen a way around it as of yet.

Have a good day, Ken Capture 16.5 S022, Layout 16.2.0p001, PCB Editor 16.5 S025
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:11 AM

• chads108
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 29 2012
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 183
    • Points 3,230
    Re: OrCAD netlisting error "Multiple pin 4's which have different nets connected for U?" Reply

After I submitted the question, I realized that my part that I thought had worked only did so because the net I attached happed to be the same name as the power pin names.  So neither works and I agree with your assesment that there is no way around it and that it is working as designed.  I was hoping that it would be similar in behavior to how Allegro Design HDL (Concept) works.   Oh well, on to "Plan B".

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by chads108 at 16 Aug 2013 06:49 AM. Topic has 2 replies.