Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Error: Trying to plot expression which do not evaluate to be plotted

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Error: Trying to plot expression which do not evaluate to be plotted 

Last post Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:57 PM by winever. 2 replies.
Started by winever 08 Aug 2013 06:01 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 323 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:01 AM

• winever
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 28 2013
    • NanJing, Jiangsu
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235
    Error: Trying to plot expression which do not evaluate to be plotted Reply

Hi everybody,

I got the following error on plotting results when doing ac analysis with my layout.

*Error*   Trying to plot expression <VF("/I30/60:net1378" "/home/heyongsheng/simulation/test_delay_line/spectre/config") >, which do not evaluate to be plotted. 

Chances are little that this problem stems from the net expression "/I30/60:net1378" because I chose this net from the layout and I managed to get the same net expression plotted when doing tran analysis. I guess the error is caused because the psf file is larger than 2G. To confirm it, I reduced the sweep points per decade from 1000 to 100 when doing ac analysis. This time, as the psf file is no longer larger than 2G, the net expression was plotted successfully without the above error. Does anyone know the exact reason for this problem? How can I solve it? I appreciate it for your help.

P.S. The sub-version of my icfb.exe is 5.10.41.500.6.151 (32-bit addresses). The version of my spectre is 7.2.0.109 32bit. My waveformtool is wavescan.

Regards,

Winever.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:25 AM

Re: Error: Trying to plot expression which do not evaluate to be plotted Reply

Hi Winever,

I think the only choice is to use ViVA from IC61X to read it (ideally IC615 or IC616) to read the results database. We added support for "chunking" PSF in IC5141 but that was only for transient data (not AC). The more general solution was done in IC61.

Or of course you could save fewer signals.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:57 PM

• winever
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 28 2013
    • NanJing, Jiangsu
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235
    Re: Error: Trying to plot expression which do not evaluate to be plotted Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your help. But I do not have IC615 or IC616. Perhaps, saving fewer signals can be the alternative way, but how can I determine which signal will be saved and which will not? You see, I usually choose the outputs from the ADE interface, but I do not think this is what you intend to say.

Regards,

Winever.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by winever at 08 Aug 2013 06:01 AM. Topic has 2 replies.