Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Error when calling and evaluating skill function in ADE-L Parametric Analysis and in ADE-XL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Error when calling and evaluating skill function in ADE-L Parametric Analysis and in ADE-XL 

Last post Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:53 AM by theopaone. 1 replies.
Started by sun99 05 Aug 2013 02:50 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 426 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:50 AM

• sun99
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 5 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Error when calling and evaluating skill function in ADE-L Parametric Analysis and in ADE-XL Reply

Dear all,

I've got a problem to which I couldn't find answer.

I've made a customized skill function to do calculation and evaluation after PSS analysis. It takes in time domain waves from PSS and returns a number. I create a new output parameter  in the output window of my ADE-L which calls this function, it works fine and returns the number. 

However, when I run Parametric Analysis in ADE-L, or run it in ADE-XL, evaluation fails and I get the following error. 

ERROR (ADE-1057): Could not evaluate expression

Name:'MyFunction'

Expression:'MyFunction((v("/OUTP" ?result "pss_td") - v("/VSS" ?result "pss_td")) (VOUT_H / 2) )'

because of the following error(s)

("ilGetNumber" 0 t nil ("*Error* ilGetNumber: arg must be a number" srrWave:0x2aacaa20))

Ensure that the definition of the expression is correct.

*Error* ("ilGetNumber" 0 t nil ("*Error* ilGetNumber: arg must be a number" srrWave:0x2aacb060))

The skill functions I call in my function are following:

cross()

drGetWaveformXVec()  drGetWaveformYVec()

drVectorLength()

drCreateVec()

drGetElem()

drSetElem()

drCreateWaveform()

ymax()  ymin() 

There isn't any ilGetNumber() function in my code. Very weird.

I guess that in order to call a skill function in Parametric Analysis or in ADE-XL, I need to change something in my code. But I couldn't find any information. Could anybody help me on this? Many thanks!

Best Regards,

Mingxu 

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:53 AM

• theopaone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 136
    • Points 2,050
    Re: Error when calling and evaluating skill function in ADE-L Parametric Analysis and in ADE-XL Reply

The error is from a SKILL implementation for the tool. If you set the stack trace to a number greater than one, you will get more debugging information:

(sstatus stacktrace 5)

This should print out the name of the function generating the error.

That said, I suspect that you are passing a wave object  (srrWave:0x2aacaa20) into the function rather than a number which it is expecting. Check the values of the arguments to the function to make sure they are correct.

Ted

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by sun99 at 05 Aug 2013 02:50 AM. Topic has 1 replies.