Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to resolve xstreamout (IC 6.1) , it pop you to save cellview ?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to resolve xstreamout (IC 6.1) , it pop you to save cellview ? 

Last post Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:10 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Charley Chen 04 Jul 2013 11:15 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 435 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:15 PM

How to resolve xstreamout (IC 6.1) , it pop you to save cellview ? Reply

Dear All ,

This is a problem since we used IC 6.1 stream out .

When stream out , it will pop-up you to save cell , but you don't have the permission to save.

Once you rference a block  which has many cells , if you choose 'All' and press 'OK' ,

You will get the wanring message until all the cell is done.

Thank you,

Charley

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:51 AM

Re: How to resolve xstreamout (IC 6.1) , it pop you to save cellview ? Reply

Charley,

I've never seen that. I can't see why it would think that you're editing the design despite not having permissions. The only thing I can think of is if you're using some of the options to flatten pcells etc, in conjunction with the "stream out from virtual memory" checkbox?

Currently it changes the design in memory if you do that - you should only use the flatten options (or some of the user-defined SKILL interface options which modify the design) if not using stream out from VM.

If this doesn't help, please contact customer support - we'll need to look at your setup/data

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Sun, Jul 7 2013 7:26 PM

Andrew ,

Thank  you , I will  contact customer support .

It is easy to reporduce thecase.

Step1: Create a new cell & draw a rectangle shape & stream Out (Stream Out From Virtual Memoey is "off"  & No flatten pcells)

just use the default set.

Step2:Instance a cell (library/cell which is read-only) , Edit- in-place,use the Rulee to measure some shape

Return to top (no save)

Step3: Stream out again , you will see the message (Save the following data befor closing ? ...)

Charley

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:10 AM

Charley,

The information about creating rulers is rather important. That's the key to the problem.

I filed CCR  1164229 for this - but you might still want to contact customer support so that this CCR can be duplicated with one for you - that way it's possible for you to track it and for us to see which customer is actually affected.

In IC616 you can create "transient" rulers (rulers which can't be saved) - which would solve this problem. But nevertheless I don't think it should ask you to save something that can't be saved.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Charley Chen at 04 Jul 2013 11:15 PM. Topic has 3 replies.