Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to use frequency in calculator when doing AC Sweep in Virtuoso

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to use frequency in calculator when doing AC Sweep in Virtuoso 

Last post Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:29 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by nonlocality 03 Jul 2013 08:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1841 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:01 PM

How to use frequency in calculator when doing AC Sweep in Virtuoso Reply

Hi everyone, I'm doing an AC sweep for a circuit and I am interested in performing a calculation that requires I divide each point by the frequency at that point and I do not know the syntax for frequency during an AC sweep. For a transient sim where my frequency variable is set too "freq" I could just do VAR("freq"), but for an ac sweep I do not know what name the program assigns to the frequency variable or how I can reference it. Does anyone know how to do this?

Basically, if I were computing V/f in an ac sweep, I want to know what the syntax is for the "f" component"  

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:29 AM

Re: How to use frequency in calculator when doing AC Sweep in Virtuoso Reply

Take any output from your AC simulation - e.g. VF("/out") - the vf button on the calculator can generate this from some node in your circuit - and then use the calculator xval function. This will generate a waveform with the x-axis values as the y-axis - and so it will give you a waveform of frequency versus frequency.

You can then use this in any calculation.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by nonlocality at 03 Jul 2013 08:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies.