Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Automated way of creating Pspice models

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Automated way of creating Pspice models 

Last post Thu, Jun 27 2013 1:57 PM by AndyK1. 0 replies.
Started by AndyK1 27 Jun 2013 01:57 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 421 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 27 2013 1:57 PM

• AndyK1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 17 2013
    • Posts 11
    • Points 175
    Automated way of creating Pspice models Reply

I am not sure where this post fits so I am posting it on the section with the most amount of posts. 

I am working on multiple sheet excel files that contain Worst case databses. These databases have information on how a specific resistor or capacitor will behave under certain space conditions. For example it can say something like part number...Name....mission enviroment...temperature...radiation levels.....mil spec part...+-1.84% tolerance. Reliability engineers than use this data to model circuits that use these parts with those parameters to figure out what is the worst case scenario for the mission. What if everything goes wrong, one resisotr is +1.84  the othe -1.84 and so on. My task is to find a way to take all this data from excell and actually create these parts in pspice. I am either going to work with excel macros to fetch the data and then write them out the tet files which I will than rename to .lib to make them pspice models or maybe import everything into matlab and work from there. 

I am here for any suggestions on this project. Is there an internal solution to this from Cadence?

I am working with OrCad 16.5 btw. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by AndyK1 at 27 Jun 2013 01:57 PM. Topic has 0 replies.