Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to change the solder mask of pads from top to bottom in brd file

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change the solder mask of pads from top to bottom in brd file 

Last post Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:38 AM by Nayyierwajih. 2 replies.
Started by Varun1610 13 Jun 2013 11:35 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1225 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:35 PM

• Varun1610
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 8 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 95
    How to change the solder mask of pads from top to bottom in brd file Reply
    I placed the components on top layer and mirrored. Components have been placed in the bottom layer but some how the solder mask layer of the component pins is displaying as solder mask top.

It should change to solder mask bottom. Let me know some remedy for this, as I am facing this problem in many instances.
    • Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Jun 14 2013 1:11 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,252
    • Points 20,380
    Re: How to change the solder mask of pads from top to bottom in brd file Reply

It sounds like the padstack hasn't been defined correctly. Try Tools - Padstack - Modify Design Padstack, then select one of the pads that has an issue and then click on Edit in the Options menu. This will launch Pad Designer where you can check / change the padstack defintion.

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:38 AM

Re: How to change the solder mask of pads from top to bottom in brd file Reply
    IF its a component having through hole pads then soldermask should be define on both layers top and bottom and if its have surface pads then it should automatically flipped.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Varun1610 at 13 Jun 2013 11:35 PM. Topic has 2 replies.