Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > A problem in running simulation with ADE

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

A problem in running simulation with ADE 

Last post Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:56 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by whusteryzh 08 Jun 2013 06:10 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 486 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Jun 8 2013 6:10 AM

• whusteryzh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 12 2012
    • wuhan, Hubei
    • Posts 7
    • Points 140
    A problem in running simulation with ADE Reply

Recently,I confronted a problem in running simulation with ADE.

When I run an analysis(such as a DC analysis),the simulation result just keep the same though I changed the simulation condition.After I running a simulation for the first time,the output log information just repeated all the time no matter how I change the simulation conditions.But if I press the "stop simulation"button,it was at once restored when I restarted the simulation.

In a word,when I changed the simulation condition after the last simulation,I had to press the "stop" button before I restart the simulation,or the simulation result would keep the same,the information in spectre.out would alse keep the same with the last simulation.That's really annoying and inconvenient,Can anybody tell my why?

BTW,the version of Virtuoso Design Environment is IC6.1.5-64b.72,and I used the spectre simulator in mmsim10.11.017.

Fighting!
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:56 AM

Re: A problem in running simulation with ADE Reply

This shouldn't happen. Spectre in ADE by default runs in "Interactive" mode which means that spectre does not quit after each simulation, and parameter and temperature changes are communicated in memory to the simulator to avoid it having to re-read the netlist and re-start the simulator.

I've not seen this for some time, but maybe using a later build of IC615 would fix it.

Alternatively, you can set:

envSetVal("spectre.envOpts" "controlMode" 'string "batch")

before starting ADE, but this will degrade interactive performance a little - it will force spectre to quit after each individual simulation run.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by whusteryzh at 08 Jun 2013 06:10 AM. Topic has 1 replies.