Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Changing Schematic Editor Search assistant's truncation limit

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Changing Schematic Editor Search assistant's truncation limit 

Last post Thu, Jun 6 2013 1:01 PM by Dmitry Babin. 2 replies.
Started by Dmitry Babin 04 Jun 2013 05:48 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 523 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:48 AM

• Dmitry Babin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 26 2009
    • Haifa, Israel
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Changing Schematic Editor Search assistant's truncation limit Reply

Hi all,

I'm using the "Search" assistant in Schematic Editor. When my query returns too many matches, the Results panel shows only part of them (1000 matches, I think), and "Results truncated" is displayed at the end. Is it possible to change the truncation limit? I tried searching Cadence Support, but unsuccessfully.

I'm running IC6.1.5 ISR14, if it matters.

Regards,
    Dmitry

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:23 AM

Re: Changing Schematic Editor Search assistant's truncation limit Reply

Dmitry,

There are no user controls over this - it's fixed at 1000. This is because there are some performance limitations in the UI if there are too many results. There's a CCR, 663654, to address the performance issues, but it's not been prioritized.

What are you trying to do that results in so many hits in a schematic?

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jun 6 2013 1:01 PM

• Dmitry Babin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 26 2009
    • Haifa, Israel
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Re: Changing Schematic Editor Search assistant's truncation limit Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for a quick reply and sorry for the delay (I was having problems with my PC...)

I just had some (Calibre) extracted view with several thousands of transistors (and a lot of parasitic elements, of course), and I wanted to remove a user-defined parameter from the transistors of a certain type. I wanted to search for the appropriate transistor master name, select all found instances and remove the parameter using Preperty Editor assistant.

Neverthless, I have already solved this by including sub-block names into the seach, which limited the number of matches to less than 1000 for each search. I had previously found that Property Editor's limit is configurable using oiMaxSelections variable, and wondered whether the Seach assistant's limit is configurable too.

Regards,
    Dmitry

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dmitry Babin at 04 Jun 2013 05:48 AM. Topic has 2 replies.