Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Recover deleted layout if cell is still open elsewhere

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Recover deleted layout if cell is still open elsewhere 

Last post Tue, May 28 2013 9:00 AM by jeremyholleman. 2 replies.
Started by jeremyholleman 27 May 2013 08:39 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 615 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 27 2013 8:39 PM

Recover deleted layout if cell is still open elsewhere Reply

A colleague accidentally deleted a library with several in-progress layouts.  In a separate instance of cadence, I have one of the cells open.  Is there anyway to save this cell that is open and any others that may still be residing in memory (i.e. the ones that come up if you do CIW->File->Close Data)?

I tried "File->Save a copy" from the layout window, but got an error message in the CIW that the object no longer exists on disk.  I can zoom in and see everything in detail, and I can also select everything, so I thought I might open a new empty cell and copy the layout into it.  But when I try to create a new cell from the Library Manager I get an error message that it has detected problems with cds.lib.  It then lists several cells that I had had open earlier, suggesting that maybe they are lurking in memory somewhere.  I tried running a find in /tmp on some of the cell names, but with no luck.

We will of course work with IT to recover from the most recent backup, but this open cell is likely to be more recent than the overnight backups, so if we could recover it, it would save a significant amount of time.

We're using IC6.1.4-64b.500.13

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 28 2013 7:00 AM

Re: Recover deleted layout if cell is still open elsewhere Reply

Jeremy,

It appears to work if you do:

cv=geGetEditCellView()
    dbSave(cv "newlib" "newcell" "layout")

i.e. you use the SKILL commands in the CIW.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 28 2013 9:00 AM

Re: Recover deleted layout if cell is still open elsewhere Reply

Thank, Andrew!  That worked.  It crashed cadence, but executed the save first.

Jeremy

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by jeremyholleman at 27 May 2013 08:39 PM. Topic has 2 replies.