Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > problem: W and L of a transistor not shown in edit-> object-> properties

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

problem: W and L of a transistor not shown in edit-> object-> properties 

Last post Mon, Sep 23 2013 10:55 AM by beny. 3 replies.
Started by apple419 22 May 2013 10:32 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 650 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, May 22 2013 10:32 AM

• apple419
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 19 2013
    • Norristown, PA
    • Posts 32
    • Points 520
    problem: W and L of a transistor not shown in edit-> object-> properties Reply

When editing a transistor in schematic editor L (version 615), the width (w) and length (l) are not shown in the form so that they can not be changed. The CDF parameters shown are M gates per device, maskLayoutViewName, parasitic calculation.

Then from CIW -> tools ->CDF->edit..., it is found that, for that transistor, in the "Display Condition" column, for width,  XfabFormIsInToolDisplay (w) and for length, XfabFormIsInToolDisplay (l). I tried to delete them but did not solve the problem.

Xfab is the technology. 

Anyone knows the issue?

Thanks! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 22 2013 2:33 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,535
    • Points 14,940
    Re: problem: W and L of a transistor not shown in edit-> object-> properties Reply

Try putting a value of "t" for the Display Condition.

regards,

Lawrence

• Thu, May 23 2013 6:42 AM

• apple419
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 19 2013
    • Norristown, PA
    • Posts 32
    • Points 520
    Re: problem: W and L of a transistor not shown in edit-> object-> properties Reply
    Hi Lawrence,

Thanks. I haven't tried your suggestion, but later I realized xfab has a PDK for Cadence. Once I downloaded and installed the PDK, everything seems working fine. Now the w and l are shown in the property form and they can be edited without problem. Previously I just individually added the libraries and that seems problematic.

Best regards
    apple419
  • Mon, Sep 23 2013 10:55 AM

• beny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 23 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

@apple419 it’s important to always install all the given plugins for all the support and options. You can simply set the length width and in case of some components there also is an option of curve. I was having issues editing components and I had to reinstall the complete software from the start including all the libraries and it worked. Also, I'd like to solve an issue related to Xfab. I know it's not related to this post so I'll create a new thread. 

montaje smd 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by apple419 at 22 May 2013 10:32 AM. Topic has 3 replies.