Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Help adding model parameters in Object Properties of a component

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Help adding model parameters in Object Properties of a component 

Last post Wed, May 29 2013 3:26 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by ronaldomponte 20 May 2013 04:50 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 472 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 20 2013 4:50 PM

• ronaldomponte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 11 2013
    • Florianopolis, 00-BR
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Help adding model parameters in Object Properties of a component Reply

Hello,

I am using Virtuoso Analog Design Enviroment in order to perform some simulations in Spectre with an nmos cell from the AnalogLib.

The issue is that I would like to add some model parameters of the nfet.scs file (e.g. tox, vth0_n, u0 etc.) in the CDF parameters of the nmos cell. Thus I can set those model parameters as variables, in order to perform a sweep simulation.

I have tried to define those model parameters in Edit CDF Window in CIW, however I have had no success. Anyone could help me to do this task properly? I hope it has become clear. Thanks a lot.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 29 2013 3:26 AM

Re: Help adding model parameters in Object Properties of a component Reply

The CDF parameters will end up as instance parameters, so you'd have to arrange that you have some kind of subckt model for your transistor where you can pass in the model parameters. In other words, your nfet.scs would look something like:

inline subckt nfet (d g s b)
    parameters w=1u l=1u tox=1e-7 vto=0.6
    model nfet mos3 type=n tox=tox vto=vto // and any other parameters you want to be fixed
    nfet (d g s b) nfet w=w l=l
    ends nfet

In the above, I've used a mos3 model, but of course you'd define whatever model you want (bsim4, bsim3v3, etc, with the appropriate parameters). Because the model is parameterized, and defined within the subckt, it can use any parameters passed to an instrance of nfet.

Then you'd define these additional parameters as CDF parameters in the CDF for the device, and list them in the instParameters in the spectre simInfo so that they get netlisted.

Does that help? Sorry it's a bit brief...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ronaldomponte at 20 May 2013 04:50 PM. Topic has 1 replies.