Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > moving / displaying instance properties

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

moving / displaying instance properties 

Last post Wed, Jul 26 2006 11:49 AM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 26 Jul 2006 11:49 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1391 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jul 26 2006 11:49 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    moving / displaying instance properties Reply

Is there a way to move instance properties in the Virtuoso schematic editing environment?

If I add a vpulse from the analogLib to a schematic, set the appopriate parameters such as the rise time, and set the "display" to "both", I get text in the schematic window "tr=..." next to the vpulse part.  There doesn't seem to be any way to select this text to move it.  With many components on a schematic (or many properties being displayed), not having control over label placement makes schematics very hard to read.  Other schematic editors I have used make moving these labels trivial.

How do other folks deal with this problem?  Do I have to make my own part symbol to get control over these labels?  Or could I build some sort of "fake" component just for label display purposes -- i.e. a part that would exist only to display property values for other parts -- using Skill?

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gry
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, Jul 27 2006 8:35 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: moving / displaying instance properties Reply

The labels are not selectable by default, so that you don't keep getting them by mistake.

Go to Edit->Select->Filter and in the "Instance Object" section at the bottom, turn on "label". You'll then be able to select and move any labels on the instance (such as those you describe, and also any "cdsParam()" type labels which may be on the device.

Regards,

Andrew.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by adbeckett
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 26 Jul 2006 11:49 AM. Topic has 1 replies.