Home > Community > Forums > Logic Design > How to use the Encounter RTL Compiler Super-Thread with Tivoli Workload LoadLeveler

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to use the Encounter RTL Compiler Super-Thread with Tivoli Workload LoadLeveler 

Last post Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:08 AM by grasshopper. 1 replies.
Started by lvcargnini 14 May 2013 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1132 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 14 2013 8:23 AM

• lvcargnini
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 14 2011
    • Montpellier, Herault
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    How to use the Encounter RTL Compiler Super-Thread with Tivoli Workload LoadLeveler Reply

Hello all,

Please I would like to use my Encounter RTL Compiler, later the EDI, to place the parallel synthesis into a HPC cluster. I understand that for this purpose I must use Super-Thread, and that I must configure it using:

set_attribute super_thread_servers {machine_names} /

In this stage I already have some issues, shouldn't I use only the keyword batch instead of the node machines ?

Second, I don't have and won't have rsh access to the nodes, and they use Tivoli workload to control the access and jobs launching into the HPC.

If I understand well, I should use:

rc:/> set_attribute super_thread_batch_command  {llsubmit .....} /

rc:/> set_attribute super_thread_kill_command {llkill ....} / 

So how do I properly configure it for Tivoli queue commands.

Last how to set the number of CPUs ? using set_attribute ? command line there is something like -lsf_cpus 4, into tho attributes how to do that, instead of placing X times the machine or bactch into  super_thread_servers variable.

Best Regards,

Vitorio. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:08 AM

• grasshopper
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Chelmsford, MA
    • Posts 242
    • Points 3,205
    Re: How to use the Encounter RTL Compiler Super-Thread with Tivoli Workload LoadLeveler Reply

Hi Vitorio,

I am not sure I see any reason why the commands you have wil not work for Tivoli.  The command line certainly does not support non-lsf optionsbut nothing prevents you from using -e and creating any variable that suits your needs:

rc -e 'set tivoli_queue fast; set tivoli_num_cpus 4; set tivoli_options....; ' . . .

I am not familiar with Tivoli but would need more information on scenarios that do not work.The command provided are fairly general so should suffice. Please file an SR if they do not

gh-

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lvcargnini at 14 May 2013 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies.