Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > check the instance symbol change in schematic

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

check the instance symbol change in schematic 

Last post Thu, May 9 2013 8:45 AM by theopaone. 3 replies.
Started by lzyc 08 May 2013 03:55 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 599 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, May 8 2013 3:55 PM

• lzyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 8 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    check the instance symbol change in schematic Reply

Andrew (or anybody),

If an instance symbol is modified after the schematic last modification, cadence will give you warning in CIW when you open the schematic. I want to write a skill code to check the schematic for the same purpose?  Initially I thougt cadence only compare the timeStamp of the schematic and the instance symbol. But I found cadence does more than that. They can capture the symbol change even if I rollback to a old sybmol version (with earlier timestamp). Can you tell me how Cadence capture the instance symbol change when you open the schematic?

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 8 2013 5:04 PM

• theopaone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 136
    • Points 2,050
    Re: check the instance symbol change in schematic Reply

In IC6.1.x you can check if the schematic needs re-extraction by using dbIsConnCurrent, the view does not have to be opened for edit. If you have write permission to the cellView you can run schCheck on the cell and it should correct the issues. I'm not sure what the database is checking but there is a edit counter on the master that is whose value is also associated with the instance, possibly on the instHeader. These numbers have to be in sync.

Ted

• Thu, May 9 2013 7:00 AM

• lzyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 8 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80

Ted,

Thank you for your reply. I tried dbIsConnCurrent. It checks different thing. My current schematic has one instance symbol changed. When I open it ready-only. CIW shows a warning said symbol changed after last schematic save. But  dbIsConnCurrent still give me 't'.  I also checked the instHeaders for glues, but have not found anything related. 

• Thu, May 9 2013 8:45 AM

• theopaone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 136
    • Points 2,050

I don't have access to Virtuoso right now so I can't track down where the data would be found. I don't think you can eliminate that error as once the error has been marked, it must be cleared by the tool and is not "fixable" by the user.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lzyc at 08 May 2013 03:55 PM. Topic has 3 replies.