Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Clock Netlist export and import to Cadence Virtuoso

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Clock Netlist export and import to Cadence Virtuoso 

Last post Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:00 PM by Yuqi. 0 replies.
Started by Yuqi 26 Apr 2013 03:00 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 762 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:00 PM

• Yuqi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 5 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Clock Netlist export and import to Cadence Virtuoso Reply

Hi everyone!

Does anyone had succeed in importing SPICE Netlist into Cadence Virtuoso? I have tried several times but it seems something is wrong and I can not really get it work.

The thing which I am dealing with right now is like this.

1.A design was fully place and route in Cadence Encounter

2.I was succeed in extracting the SPICE Netlist from Encounter. During the process of the extraction, a noise library which know as the .cdb library was generated for both clock and core library. This file was basically the re-charaterized SPICE model of all the library cells after noise analyze. These recharaterized SPICE model were then used in generating the clock tree SPICE Netlist when using the command 'clockSpiceOut'. So the result clock tree SPICE Netlist would contain a different cell SPICE model from the original one which provided in the technology SPICE file.

3.After extracting the SPICE Netlist, I was trying to import this Netlist into Cadence Virtuoso and want to perform the SPICE simulation. Here comes the problem, Virtuoso simply does not accept those re-characterized SPICE model used in the Netlist and terminate the import process.

So, my question is, does anyone knows how to fix this problem? Or is there other way to extract the clock tree SPICE Netlist and perform SPICE simulation on it? Or is there any way to translate the noise library into a OA which can be access by Virtuoso?

Thanks for responsing!

Yuqi 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Yuqi at 26 Apr 2013 03:00 PM. Topic has 0 replies.