Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Problem carrying over MAX_LINE_WIDTH property in OrCAD Capture to OrCAD Desinger...

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem carrying over MAX_LINE_WIDTH property in OrCAD Capture to OrCAD Desinger... 

Last post Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:00 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by Chumbawumba 25 Apr 2013 03:09 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 417 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 25 2013 3:09 PM

Problem carrying over MAX_LINE_WIDTH property in OrCAD Capture to OrCAD Desinger... Reply

I am trying to add a MAX_LINE_WIDTH property in OrCAD Capture so that when I create a netlist I will have the this property value already entered by the Electrical Engineer.  The problem is that this property does not seem to carry over the value from the schematic into OrCAD PCB Designer 16.6.  There is a MIN_LINE_WIDTH property in Capture which will carry over the value just fine but not the MAX_LINE_WIDTH property value.  I know I can use Contraint Manager but the EE does not have OrCAD PCB Designer only Capture and would like to have the trace line widths setup in Capture.  This seems easy enough but I cannot seem to make it work.

Please help.

Thank you,

Tim S.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:00 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,445
    • Points 24,590
    Re: Problem carrying over MAX_LINE_WIDTH property in OrCAD Capture to OrCAD Desinger... Reply
    This is controlled by the entries in the allegro.cfg file, add an entry for MAX_LINE_WIDTH=YES in the [netprops] section, take a copy from the default installation location and modify the contents. Using 16.6, you can put the modified allegro.cfg file alongside the DSN file and it will be used from there when the netlist is created.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Chumbawumba at 25 Apr 2013 03:09 PM. Topic has 1 replies.