Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Problem in Wavescan for spectrum dsplay in dB

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem in Wavescan for spectrum dsplay in dB 

Last post Sun, Mar 5 2006 11:43 PM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 05 Mar 2006 11:43 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1716 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Mar 5 2006 11:43 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    Problem in Wavescan for spectrum dsplay in dB Reply

Hi,

I have some problem with the wavescan dispaly, while displaying the spectrum. THe spectrum reference is 0 dB instead of the most negative base. So some of the bars are projeted upwards n some downwards in the wondow, giving a weird look.It was working fine earlier n changed all of asudden one day. I don't remember disturbing any environment variables.

Can anybody sugest the solution???

Thanks in advance.

--kishore.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gunturikishore28
    • Post Points: 0
  • Tue, Mar 7 2006 1:06 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: Problem in Wavescan for spectrum dsplay in dB Reply

Kishore,  it would help if you specified your version (just type icms -W) you are using and specifically what you are plotting (e.g.  what calculator function you are using or what analysis you are plotting from.).

WaveScan has a trace attribute that specifies the line style and the two in quesiton are bar and spectral.  Bar is referenced from zero in both pos/neg direction while spectre is referenced from neg infinity.

The only reason for the Spectral style is for log/db Y-axis since its purpose is to deal with negative log values.   We were not following this rule until recently which is what I suspect has happened to you.   I believe you are probably using a calculator function to plot the db20 and the function is not properly annotating the data to inform WaveScan that the Y-axis is db/log.

Anyway if you plot the signal and without the calculator function and then set the complexness to db20 you will see this works  as a short term solution but I susgest filing a bug report with customer support so you can track the fix.

-Jons

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Jons
  • Thu, Mar 16 2006 6:00 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: Problem in Wavescan for spectrum dsplay in dB Reply

Hi Jons,

Thank you for your reply...I am using Cadence IC 5.1 version and it seems some bug as you specified..sometomes it displays correctly and sometimes it displays iwth the error..

I am using this with DIrect plot form in the PSS analysis...I need to reprt my boss to put a service request to the Cadnce support..

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gunturikishore28
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 05 Mar 2006 11:43 PM. Topic has 2 replies.