Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > virtuoso VXL module generate problem

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

virtuoso VXL module generate problem 

Last post Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:35 PM by skillUser. 2 replies.
Started by Skill Designer 11 Apr 2013 01:56 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 601 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 1:56 AM

virtuoso VXL module generate problem Reply

Hello~ everyone~!

I have to use the vrtuoso VXL seems to be a bit of a problem.

Use the module generation in schematicXL, I make a consistant. and Made at the schematic that have come from the layout view.

Okay until here. Erase everything that is on the layout view.

then, strange pcell pattern is shown when i click the "update components and nets" button in layoutXL view.

schematic symbol and module in layout have different properties.

What is the problem and how to solve this?

• Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 4:52 AM

Re: virtuoso VXL module generate problem Reply

I don't know what a "consistant" is, or what "Made at the schematic that have come from the layout view" means.

I do understand that English may not be your first language, but I'm not sure anyone would be able to understand what you're asking or what the problem is. Maybe some pictures would help? (Use the Options tab when replying to upload pictures).

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:35 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,075
    Re: virtuoso VXL module generate problem Reply

Hello,

I would guess that you are talking about constraints and a modgen constraint in particular?  If this is the case then you can update the layout constraints using the 6th icon that has a yellow arrow in it: "Update all layout constraints from schematic", in case somehow you have modified the modgen constraint in the the schematic constraint manager but not regenerated the layout since.  If you use Generate All From Source (or "Connectivity -> Generate -> All from Source") then the layout should pull the latest schematic components and constraints.

I'm guessing here, so if this does not help, as Andrew requested, please upload any image(s) that might help explain the issue, along with a more detailed description.

Best regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Skill Designer at 11 Apr 2013 01:56 AM. Topic has 2 replies.