Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > what setting do I use to make the annotation browser only display flight lines when I click on the eyeball?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

what setting do I use to make the annotation browser only display flight lines when I click on the eyeball? 

Last post Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:35 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by linbo 10 Apr 2013 03:12 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 627 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:12 PM

• linbo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 22 2010
    • Posts 58
    • Points 975
    what setting do I use to make the annotation browser only display flight lines when I click on the eyeball? Reply

In fairly recent history the behavior of the the annotation browser in VXL has changed. 

Whenever I click on a line or move a shape the flight lines appear--it used to be that the flight lines only appeared when you clicked on the little eyeball.

I realize I can tell XL to not extract after every move but this is not what I want.

I'd like it to extract but not turn on or off flight lines; just leave them alone.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

tks

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:38 PM

Re: what setting do I use to make the annotation browser only display flight lines when I click on the eyeball? Reply

This hasn't changed, as far as I know. The flightlines that are displayed when moving or stretching are nothing to do with the display of incomplete nets in the Annotation Browser.

When you are Moving or Stretching, the F3 options form has a "Display Draglines" option, which corresponds to this cdsenv:

layoutXL flightLineEnable boolean t

And the Create Wire command has a "Probe Nets" checkbox which corresponds to:

layoutXL probeDuringCreate boolean t

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:28 PM

• linbo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 22 2010
    • Posts 58
    • Points 975
    Re: what setting do I use to make the annotation browser only display flight lines when I click on the eyeball? Reply

Hi Andrew,

Actually what happens is the flight lines appear on many unconnected nets and the little eyeball shows up--the flight lines aren't just as I move something but rather once I move something a set of flightlines shows up.

tks,

--lin

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:35 PM

It doesn't do that for me. Maybe you've accidentally hit the Show/Hide incomplete nets icon in one of the toolbars (it looks like a picture of a transistor with lines coming from it, next to the Annotation Browser icon. This is the same as hitting shift-H with the "default" bindkeys.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by linbo at 10 Apr 2013 03:12 PM. Topic has 3 replies.