Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Finding Instance in Schematic with reference to cellName

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Finding Instance in Schematic with reference to cellName 

Last post Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:14 PM by Andrew Beckett. 10 replies.
Started by Neeraj Vardhan 10 Apr 2013 05:09 AM. Topic has 10 replies and 1243 views
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:09 AM

Finding Instance in Schematic with reference to cellName Reply

Hi,

I want to find an instance in schematic with reference to cellName given and not the instance name. Is there any command which can fetch me the instance properties if the view and instance cellName are given.

Regards

Neeraj  

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:23 AM

Re: Finding Instance in Schematic with reference to cellName Reply

Neeraj,

What would than mean? What if there are multiple instances of the same cellName?

You could of course do:

instances=setof(inst cv~>instances inst~>cellName=desiredCellName)
    instances~>w ; show all the width properties
    propNameList=foreach(mapcar inst instances
      foreach(mapcar prop inst~>prop
        list(prop~>name prop~>value)
      )
    )

But it's really not clear what you want.

Andrew.

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:28 AM

Sorry i should have stated this in my before post. I am selecting an instance in top level of an layout and now i want to access the same instance properties in schematic. I got the instance~>name from the layout which is always the "cellName" and not the "inst~>instTerm~>name" of schematic. Because of which i am not able to select the instance in schematic regards Neeraj
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:33 AM

I'm sorry, but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If your variable instance is an instance ID, then the ~>name attribute would be the instance name not the cell name. And I don't see what inst~>instTerms~>name has to do with it - these are the names of the terminals on the instance.

So nothing you've said makes any sense to me - it is really not clear what you're trying to do.

Which version are you using? The binding in Virtuoso Layout Suite XL IC61X doesn't have to be by name, so the instance names may not match anyway. If you're trying to check the properties, why not use the Check against Source command?

Andrew.

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:38 AM

My mistake, sorry its not the terminal names. I got the instance name from the layout by selecting the instance. Now i am trying to find the instance in schematic. this is what i am trying to do. Regards Neeraj
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:15 AM

And the version you're using is...?

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:17 AM

Virtuoso 6.1.5
    • Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:26 AM

Hi Andrew,

I have done some thing like this.

First, I am selecting all the instances in the schematic. These are the instances in my schematic.                                                           

("cpumpunit_12" "s2dbuff_en_12" "s2dbuff_en_12" "SheetBorderANDFrame" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "ipin" "iopin")                                    

Is there a way to only fetch the exact instances, in my case"("cpumpunit_12" "s2dbuff_en_12" "s2dbuff_en_12") " and not the rest of instances.

Regards
    Neeraj
  • Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:39 AM

There's no public API to find the corresponding instance between layout and schematic - if you want this, you should contact customer support. Most of the time the names will match - you could use nmpCDBAFlatToCDBA() to convert the "|" type name to a "/" hierarchical name. Whether that helps is another matter...

To only find non-pin instances, you'd do:

setof(inst cv~>instances !inst~>pin)

To filter out sheets as well, you'd do:

setof(inst cv~>instances !inst~>pin && inst~>master~>schType!="border")

Regards,

Andrew. p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:32 PM

HI Andrew, i have a question but its not with respect to this post.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I have to copy pin names from one level below and paste it on to one level up. And i am using dbcopyfig(pinid cvid dbtransformInst()). But i have few pins which have different name on top. So is there any way, while coping the fig only i can transform its name and paste it at the transformed location.

Regards,

Neeraj 

• Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:14 PM

IF  IT IS NOT RELATED TO THIS POST, WHY ARE YOU POSTING IT IN THE SAME THREAD?

As you can hopefuly tell, you're starting to annoy me. I already told you not to do this and to read the forum guidelines

Oh, and by the way you should read the forum guidelines again because your question is poorly formed. dbCopyFig when copying a pin figure does not copy the pin information - just the figure - so your question makes no sense. See http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/25763/1322133.aspx#1322133

If you keep breaking the forum guidelines, people (including me) will focus on those who do follow the guidelines. Remember that we are all volunteers here, and so answering a question that is asked clearly, with sufficient information, is much more efficient use of the limited time of your community colleagues.

I don't like being so blunt as this, but I only have finite time to spend on this forum, and I'd sooner spend it wisely.

Andrew

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Neeraj Vardhan at 10 Apr 2013 05:09 AM. Topic has 10 replies.