Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Netlist creation problem ERROR(ORCAP-36071

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Netlist creation problem ERROR(ORCAP-36071 

Last post Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:49 AM by Antscran. 2 replies.
Started by Antscran 02 Apr 2013 12:43 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1075 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:43 PM

• Antscran
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 2 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Netlist creation problem ERROR(ORCAP-36071 Reply

Hi all,

New here and fairly new to OrCAD, currently studying on an Embedded Systems degree and we have been supplied Orcad 16.5 under a student license.

I am reasonably comfortable with building a circuit and running various simulations using components from the pspice library.  And have got to a stage where I need to build a PCB, using the components that have come with OrCAD in the pspice library.

But I get a host of errors when I try to creat a netlist i.e. ERROR(ORCAP-36071): Illegal character "Forward Slash" etc.  I can see clearly what the error is by looking in the terminal window, and am able to navigate to the componets Foot print value.

I have the circuit open in OrCAD Capture CIS, click on the .dsn file and then go to the tools menu and select Creat Netlist, then I tick the box Open Board in OrCAD PCB Editor.

Quite confused at this stage and have the following questions related to this:

1)  Are there any library components supplied with Orcad that come with PCB Footprints that do not have this issue, or is this an error I am likely to get with certain libraries within OrCAD?

2) How can I identify what the valid footprint should be? (I know this is dependant on the component I use and relates to Question 3 I guess)

3) Is there a way I can preview all footprints so I can build a list up of known good ones for my circuits, then just copy paste from here to each component?

Thanks in-advance,

Ant 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 2 2013 9:50 PM

• girish
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 241
    • Points 4,920
    Re: Netlist creation problem ERROR(ORCAP-36071 Answer Reply
    1. Don’t use special characters in the footprint naming (* / space # ..etc) . Yes there are standard footprints are available in the installation directory if u have installed Orcad PCB editor (C:\Cadence\SPB_16.X\share\pcb\pcb_lib\symbols) U can make use of it . Make sure that you need to define this library path in the layout Tool (setup>user preference>paths>library>padpath & psm path) .
    2. To confirm which footprint to be mapped to the schematic part , Cross verify the package name (eg SOIC, TQFP ) & pin count ,pith between datasheet & footprint
    3. You can preview the footprint by opening it in a Orcad PCB editor or Allegro free viewer
    Best Regards,
    GK

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:49 AM

• Antscran
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 2 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: Netlist creation problem ERROR(ORCAP-36071 Reply

GK,

Thank you very much for the information very useful.

Cheers,

Ant 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Antscran at 02 Apr 2013 12:43 PM. Topic has 2 replies.