Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Extracting transient operating points at different instants using "infotimes" using skill script.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Extracting transient operating points at different instants using "infotimes" using skill script. 

Last post Mon, Apr 1 2013 3:09 AM by RFStuff. 2 replies.
Started by RFStuff 27 Mar 2013 05:28 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1218 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:28 AM

• RFStuff
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 5 2013
    • Posts 260
    • Points 4,580
    Extracting transient operating points at different instants using "infotimes" using skill script. Reply

Dear All,

I thought this query may be suitable for this forum so posting here.

I want to find Operating Points of components at multiple time instants of  a transient analysis. One way, I used "infotimes" option.

But how I can use "OP( )" command in the script to extract/display the operting points of the components at differnt instants inserted in "infotimes" option.

Could anybody please tell how it can be done.

Kind Regards,

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 1 2013 3:01 AM

Re: Extracting transient operating points at different instants using "infotimes" using skill script. Reply

A few thoughts.

First of all, you can't use the report() function with the results of using infotimes - if I do selectResults("tran_info") and then report() - it fails. I filed CCR 1121977 for this.

Secondly, you could use:  OPT("/I7/M1" "gds") to get the gds of the specific transistor - this will give you a waveform versus the infotimes on the x-axis. You could then use the value() function to extract at the specific time: value(OPT("/I7/M1" "gds") 1.2u)

Thirdly, you could use:

ocnPrint(OPT("/I7/M1" "??"))

to display the operating point info for all parameters at all infotimes for a specific transistor.

Fourthly, you could create a file, say "myInfo.scs" with the following contents:

//
    myInfo info what=oppoint where=file

and then reference this file as a Model Library from Setup->Model Libraries. Then in the transient analysis, don't fill in infotimes, but instead in the additional parameters field (on the transient options form at the bottom), enter:

infoname=myInfo infotimes=[1.2u 2.3u]

(the infoname has to match the first word on your info analysis).

It will then write a report into the netlist directory containing a description of the operating point values of all devices in your design.

Hopefully that's enough to get you going!

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 1 2013 3:09 AM

• RFStuff
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 5 2013
    • Posts 260
    • Points 4,580
    Re: Extracting transient operating points at different instants using "infotimes" using skill script. Reply

Dear Andrew,

Thanks a lot. 

O.. Now it will make thing faster me.

Thankin you again,

Kind Regards,

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RFStuff at 27 Mar 2013 05:28 AM. Topic has 2 replies.