Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to load my configeration files from my working directory not home directory

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to load my configeration files from my working directory not home directory 

Last post Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:45 AM by wgtkan. 4 replies.
Started by wgtkan 22 Mar 2013 08:12 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 934 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:12 AM

• wgtkan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 30 2013
    • Gainesvlle, FL
    • Posts 54
    • Points 870
    How to load my configeration files from my working directory not home directory Reply
    How do I load my configuration files (.cdsenv and .cdsinit) from my working directory not the home directory? Because I have multiple design kits and this is creating a bit of confusion. What do I have to do?

Thanks in advance.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:43 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,060
    Re: How to load my configeration files from my working directory not home directory Reply

By default the tools will look in the current directory for a .cdsinit file, but if one was found earlier in the search path, that one would have been loaded and the search stops (i.e. the first one found is loaded) - if this is the case then that file could include a statement to load a ./.cdsinit if present, something like:

when(isFile("./.cdsinit")
      printf("Loading .cdsinit from current directory %s\n" getWorkingDir())
      load("./.cdsinit")
    )

For the .cdsenv file there is an environment variable that controls the loading, you would want a setting that includes the current directory:

setenv CDS_LOAD_ENV addCWD

[valid values are False, CWD, addCWD, CWDElseHome and CSF]

So your choice depends on whether you wish to find and load other .cdsenv files and in which order (e.g. "addCWD" would load the current directory .cdsenv after a ~/.cdsenv file).

The "CSF" choice is the Cadence Search Facility - look this up in the documentation, it affects the search paths and order of many setup files.

Hopefully this helps you.

Best regards,

Lawrence

• Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:40 AM

• wgtkan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Gainesvlle, FL
    • Posts 54
    • Points 870
    Re: How to load my configeration files from my working directory not home directory Reply

Do I write that in .cdsinit file?

• Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:33 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,060
    Which bit?  The [when(isFile...] part is SKILL, so that would go in a .cdsinit file, such as the site .cdsinit file <if any>.  The setenv staement is for setting a Unix environment variable and therefore can go in your terminal or .cshrc (or similar if using a shell other than 'csh').
  • Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:45 AM

• wgtkan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Gainesvlle, FL
    • Posts 54
    • Points 870

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I copied: when(isFile("./.cdsinit")

printf("Loading .cdsinit from current directory %s\n" getWorkingDir())

load("./.cdsinit")

)

Into the .cdsinit file.

I also set the environment so that .cdsenv get loaded from my current directory. It doesn’t seem to work. I have 2 PDK’s in two different working directories with their respective configuration files (.cdsenv and .cdsinit) but for some reason when I start a new cadence session .cdsenv is loaded from the home (root) directory.

How do I fix this issue?

Thank you very much

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by wgtkan at 22 Mar 2013 08:12 AM. Topic has 4 replies.