Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Automating SOC Encounter Timing Optimization

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Automating SOC Encounter Timing Optimization 

Last post Tue, Mar 26 2013 11:12 AM by Kari. 1 replies.
Started by fieldy 21 Mar 2013 11:05 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 942 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:05 AM

• fieldy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 21 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    Automating SOC Encounter Timing Optimization Reply

Hi All, I have a couple of questions on running SOC Encounter. My goal is to run the encounter using a tcl script and be able to have a flow that runs through all the necessary steps by running the script, instead of having to use the GUI.

1. Does anybody know a good way (or if it is even possible) to automate the timing optimization process in SOC Encounter using tcl script?  Currently, it looks like you have to run optDesign command for setup/hold/DRV optimization and if the violations are not fixed the first time around, you have to run optDesign command multiple times until timing is met. Is there a good way of using the tcl script to do this automatically? For instance is it possible to have encounter run the timing optimizations automatically through tcl scripts until all the timing and DRV violations are fixed?

2. Also, is it possible to have Encounter skip the optimization process if the timing slacks meet the target? The way Encounter works now (for me anyway) is that if I run optDesign command the tool will perform optimization even if the design currently meets all timing/DRV constraints. When running optDesign, is it possible to have Encounter check the timing constraints and skip optDesign process if the constraints are met?

Thanks!! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 26 2013 11:12 AM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 693
    • Points 14,395
    Re: Automating SOC Encounter Timing Optimization Reply
    Have you tried the Foundation Flow (under the Flows menu)?
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by fieldy at 21 Mar 2013 11:05 AM. Topic has 1 replies.