Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > automatically restore to the initial status of LSW when open the second layout view belong with same library

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

automatically restore to the initial status of LSW when open the second layout view belong with same library 

Last post Sat, Mar 23 2013 3:33 AM by Andrew Beckett. 7 replies.
Started by Provence 21 Mar 2013 02:28 AM. Topic has 7 replies and 1151 views
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 2:28 AM

• Provence
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 17 2010
    • Shanghai, Shanghai
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    automatically restore to the initial status of LSW when open the second layout view belong with same library Reply

Hi all,

Assuming that there is the first layout view, open it and select ,visiable some layers in LSW.How to automatically restore to the initial status of LSW ,when I open the second layout cell belong with the same library.  is there any this switch ?

Thanks

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:50 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 396
    • Points 7,460
    Re: automatically restore to the initial status of LSW when open the second layout view belong with same library Reply

You could use:
    techRefreshTechFile(tfId)

Or, more specifically:
    techRefreshTechFile(techGetTechFile(geGetEditCellView()))

Derek

• Thu, Mar 21 2013 8:40 PM

• Provence
    • Not Ranked
    • Shanghai, Shanghai
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Re: automatically restore to the initial status of LSW when open the second layout view belong with same library Reply

Derek,

As you say,we can use this function. Our layout engineers  had to use a bindkey for the function.

Maybe, This is  a intricacy operation for some layout engineers. They want to be automatically restored to the original state when open the second layout view as same as opening layout view of different library. 

Actually,I would like to get a default switch of tools.Otherwise, I need to create my switch for the part of engineer.That must change the code for tool. It's my last choice. 

How to  automatically open the other layout view belong with same library?

Exist  that default switch ? Or, You have a good idea.

Thanks

Provence

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:46 PM

• Andy Chang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 14 2009
    • HsinChu, 00-TW
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Do you use PDK?

If yes, you could try PDK utility from tsmc

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:50 PM

Which version of Virtuoso are you using?

Andrew

• Fri, Mar 22 2013 1:35 AM

• Provence
    • Not Ranked
    • Shanghai, Shanghai
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

IC5141,

I'd appreciate any feedback.

• Fri, Mar 22 2013 5:42 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 396
    • Points 7,460

You could use deRegUserTriggers to define either an appTrigger or postInstallTrigger for "maskLayout". This would trigger some code to run when you open a new layout window. In this code you could do whatever you want to the LSW.

Derek

• Sat, Mar 23 2013 3:33 AM

In IC616 you'll be able to either have the palette (the new LSW) synchronized or desynchronized so that the visibility etc can be managed separately per window if you want.

In IC5141, Derek's suggestion is the best bet.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Provence at 21 Mar 2013 02:28 AM. Topic has 7 replies.