Thanks a lot for your reply.
May be I was unable to interprete the steps written in that page. So I am thinking better to post the steps I have alrady done.
What I want :-
a) I want to associate the extracted netlist file named BLOCK.pex.netlist to the symbol BLOCK ( which is being used in a bigger schematic) only when I want to do PEX simualtion of the entire big schematic.
b) I should also revert back to normal symbol ( not PEXed netlist) view when I am not interested in PEX simulation
What I did is as follows:-
1) I went to BLOCK_LIB-> BLOCK and copied the symbol of BLOCK to spectre view. So a spectre view is created which is exactly like the symbol.
By the way BLOCK_LIB is the library containing the cell BLOCK. So what I did is:-
BLOCK_LIB-BLOCK-Symbol copied to BLOCK_LIB-BLOCK-Spectre
2) icfb->Tools->CDF->Edit ( CDF prompt came up)
3) CDF Section->Cell CDF Type-> Base
4) Browsed to the cell containing the symbol BLOCK.
5) Then went to the Component Prameter Section
clicked on Add button. Edit CDF Parameter Form came up
param Type - string
The remaining field I kept blank
Clicked on Apply
6) Then I went to Simulation Information Section
Clicked on Edit button
Edit Simulation Information Form came up
Choose Simulator:- spectre
kept blank as suggested in that page, I think, Andrew you are pointing to this ( bang on target) which is by default subcircuit. Am I right ?
termOrder- pins names filled in the proper order as in the .netlist file. i.e. "A" "B" "C" "D"
Rest kept blank
Clicked on Apply
Well That is it !!!
1) The model name is coming as subcrcuit
2) How I can revert back to the normal symbol view ?