Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to change the Symbol @partName

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change the Symbol @partName 

Last post Tue, Mar 19 2013 2:39 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by RFStuff 18 Mar 2013 03:44 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 773 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:44 PM

• RFStuff
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 5 2013
    • Posts 214
    • Points 3,780
    How to change the Symbol @partName Reply

Dear All,

Is there any way of changing  symbol partName ( displayed in while instantiating the object in symbol view in schematic editor).

I want this because:-

I copy a cellView A to a NewCell view B and make a change in the schematic and I preserve the Symbol view. But when I instantiate the cell B, the partName should be displayed B but instead it shows A. What I should do to make the partName displayed as B.

Kind Regards

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 19 2013 2:39 AM

Re: How to change the Symbol @partName Reply

Several ways:

1. When doing the copy make sure you have checked the "Update instances (of new copies only)" on the copy form. This will update the partName property on the symbol
    2. If you've already done the copy, do Edit->Properties->CellView in the symbol editor and change the value of the partName property
    3. Change the [@partName] label expression to be [@cellName] - then it will always reflect the cell name and not need an update to be done.
    4. Change the "TSG" template you're using when using create cellView from cellView to use @cellName instead of @partName - the template is at /export/home/apps/IC5141_isr/tools/dfII/samples/symbolGen (default.tsg) - take a copy of this and put it somewhere else and change the defLabel definition near the end to add [@cellName] instead of [@partName]. Then look in <ICinstDir>/tools/dfII/samples/local/schConfig.il and copy the definition of tsgTemplateMasters and put in your own .cdsinit and change the paths as needed - you can always add a new entry.
    5. If you want to alter which template master you use by default, you can do that with:
      schSetEnv("tsgTemplateType" "artist")
      (or use "digital", or "custom" or whatever you've called it). The "artist" template doesn't use @partName, so you might just want to use that.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RFStuff at 18 Mar 2013 03:44 PM. Topic has 1 replies.