Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Can I just rename the refdes of the parts with the same property which I specified?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Can I just rename the refdes of the parts with the same property which I specified? 

Last post Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:09 AM by mcatramb91. 1 replies.
Started by Samuel Zhang 14 Mar 2013 09:39 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 926 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:39 PM

Can I just rename the refdes of the parts with the same property which I specified? Reply

Hi,

Are there any ways to rename the refdes of the parts with the same property(ie."connector=dual") which I specified during package the schematic? And do not change the refdes of the other parts without that property.

Thanks

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:09 AM

• mcatramb91
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 3 2013
    • Chelmsford, MA
    • Posts 101
    • Points 5,010
    Re: Can I just rename the refdes of the parts with the same property which I specified? Reply

Sure, Auto Rename uses a property to decide which parts are available for rename and you can add the AUTO_RENAME property manually with Edit > Property. 

1) Edit > Property and check Components in the Find Filter
    2) Select Property from the Find By Name pulldown and click the More.. button.
    3) Select the Property (ie."connector=dual") from the list and click the Apply button.
    4) Select AUTO_RENAME from the Available properties on the left side of the form to move it to the right and click the Apply button
    5) Before running rename you need to uncheck Rename all components in the Rename RefDes form (Logic > Auto Rename Refdes > Rename) so it only renames the components with the  AUTO_RENAME property.

Another tip, if you have certain components that you don't want renamed in the layout just add the HARD_LOCATION property to the component and it won't be touched during Auto Rename (without having to got thru the steps above) and also if you try to manually change the refdes it will warn you that it has a Hard Location property.

Hope this helps,
    Mike Catrambone

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Samuel Zhang at 14 Mar 2013 09:39 PM. Topic has 1 replies.