Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Overlap dynamic shape

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Overlap dynamic shape 

Last post Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:30 PM by kabalee. 3 replies.
Started by ahkuih 07 Mar 2013 01:15 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 631 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 7 2013 1:15 AM

• ahkuih
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 23 2008
    • Posts 21
    • Points 505
    Overlap dynamic shape Reply

hi all,

I have a problem with overlap dynamic shape which was due to multiple copper pour on top side of my board. Due to this problem, whenever I try to generate top layer artwork, it will prompts me to delete off the shapes. The quantity of the overlap dynamic shape was too many until I was frustrated. Currently the only way is I have to screen through my whole board to manually pick up those small shapes and then deleted it off. Is there any way to generate the overlap dynamic shape report which lists out all those overlapped shapes?

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Mar 7 2013 1:34 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,201
    • Points 19,570
    Re: Overlap dynamic shape Reply

Display - Status then click on the colored checkbox next to Out of date shapes, this produces a report that gives x,y co-ordinates. I would also recommend turning on the bound section (make it a bright color) for the specific layer in question (Display - Color Visibility - Stackup folder). You can click on the co-ordinate in the report and the screen will centre on the shape (you might need to zoom in).

• Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:01 PM

• ahkuih
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 23 2008
    • Posts 21
    • Points 505

duplicate shapesHi Steve,

I don't think you get what I mean. Inside my board, there was no out of date shape. Due to multiple times of copper pour of dynamic shape type and also the breakout shapes from large shape were sticked to the board by the via. Duplicate shapes happen at the same location. I cannot figure out any way to get the xy coordinate of those shapes. duplicate dynamic shapedynamic duplicate shapes

• Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:30 PM

• kabalee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 7 2009
    • Trichy, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 144
    • Points 2,565
    hi ahkulh, select Boundary class --->and then select Top unused shape will be enable after that delete it may be helpful for you i could not see image file
    kabee
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ahkuih at 07 Mar 2013 01:15 AM. Topic has 3 replies.