Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Parameterized JFET Model

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Parameterized JFET Model 

Last post Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:18 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by OnJordan 05 Mar 2013 04:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 562 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:54 PM

• OnJordan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 5 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Parameterized JFET Model Reply

Hello All,

To start off, I am using Allegro Design Entry CIS and AMS Model Library. I am trying to figure out how to parameterize a model parameter for a JFET. After much searching I found another post in this forum from April of last year that did not get a conclusion. I also found a statement in what looked to be a Cadence sales brochure stating "Also included are more than 4,500 parameterized models for BJTs, JFETs, MOSFETs,..." of which the link is attached below. However I could find no other references to these models. I do want to know how to create a parameterized model, but if it has already been done then no need for me to recreate the wheel. So to recap

1. Are there parameterized models for JFETs somewhere, and where?

2. How do I create a parameter in a model file?

Here is the link for the document mentioned: http://www.cadence.com/rl/Resources/datasheets/7431_PCB_Simulation_DS_FNL.pdf

Thanks for any help,

Jordan

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:18 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,366
    • Points 23,280
    Re: Parameterized JFET Model Reply

All the models are supplied in the tools\Capture\PSpice\library for the schematic parts and tools\PSpice\library for the simulation models. All the device models have parameters that define their unique behaviour, check out the PSpice Users Guide, pspug.pdf in the doc\pspug directory of the installation, for how to use the tools, and the PSpice Reference Guide, pspcref.pdf in the doc\pspcref directory of the installation, for details of the fundamental device models and what all the parameters are for. Model parameters can be derived from the device datasheet, you can use the Model Editor to create models from a datasheet and extract the parameters, there are some limits to creating MOSFET models because beyond level 3, the datasheet input is method is insufficient to generate the require device parameters for simulation. (See the Reference Guide for more information)

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by OnJordan at 05 Mar 2013 04:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies.