Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > DM integration

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

DM integration 

Last post Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:41 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by acook 02 Mar 2013 07:21 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 750 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:21 PM

• acook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 4 2012
    • Manchester, NH
    • Posts 28
    • Points 485
    DM integration Reply

I was wondering where can I find documentation on how to interface my own version control system with Cadence?

Looking through the Cadence Application Infrastructure User Guide only mentions the functions, not how to interface with them. Where do I start?

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:46 AM

Re: DM integration Reply

The ability to integrate your own Design Management system is something that is only provided via a services engagement, because it needs dedicated support and is not something that is intended to be done by most people.Typically advice is needed as to the right way to achieve certain tasks to ensure that the integration fits well with the tools.

Very few customers actually do their own integration, as the effort involved is usually considerable to do a good job. Most prefer to use one of our connection partners (in alphabetical order):

• ClioSoft: SOS
    • Dassault (MatrixOne): DesignSync DFII
    • IBM: ClearCase
    • IC Manage: IC Manage
    • MethodICs EDA: VersIC

Details of these can be found via the Alliances link at the top of the page.

Otherwise, if you want to discuss more about rolling your own DM integration, please contact your Account Executive or Account Team.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:13 AM

• acook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 4 2012
    • Manchester, NH
    • Posts 28
    • Points 485

Thank you Andrew.

If there is one comment I would make, it would be that I think Cadence would end up with a better DM solution in the end if they did publicly post how to use the API (I saw your post somewhere else about the extra documentation workload).. It also seems like Cadence itself makes DM integration more complicated than it really needs to be.

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:41 AM

Maybe, although the volume of people that want to do this really means that it doesn't make that much sense to expend the effort coming up with a comprehensive documentation, examples, and so on for the layman. Plus the fact that the integration is at the C level, there is a lot of opportunity to destabilize Virtuoso (either in terms of crashes or performance), so it is far more important to have a controlled interaction with anyone doing a DM integration. I'd say that's even more important than the documentation effort...

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by acook at 02 Mar 2013 07:21 PM. Topic has 3 replies.