Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > LAYOUT Drill Chart is Empty

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

LAYOUT Drill Chart is Empty 

Last post Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:28 PM by Mr Simplicity. 4 replies.
Started by Mr Simplicity 22 Feb 2013 09:37 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 781 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:37 AM

LAYOUT Drill Chart is Empty Reply

ORCAD 16.0.0 b001

At some point in my layout of a board I lost my Drill Chart data.

Upon subsequent edits and mods the drill chart shows only the newly added drills.

My DTS and TAP files are OK. 

Is there any way to restore the drill chart?

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:18 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,454
    • Points 24,710
    Re: LAYOUT Drill Chart is Empty Reply
    I seem to remember that a MAX-MIN-MAX conversion will fix this - it's been a while since I tried this though! In the LSession window File>Export>MIN Interchange (or something similar), select all the boxes and save the MIN file as "NOT your MAX design name", then use File>Import>MIN Interchange (o.s.s.), pick the MIN file just created, select all the boxes (if offered) and you get a new MAX file generated, save this and the Drill data should all line up again. (These may not be the exact dialog steps but you should be able to work out what you need to do from the dialogs offered)
  • Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:38 AM

I tried the MAX-MIN-MAX but to no avail.

Maybe because there are a few of the last added drills showing in the table or maybe because I don't know what I'm doing!

I think it's time to upgrade from Layout. I'm sick of swearing at layout, corrupted max files, etc.

• Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:46 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,454
    • Points 24,710
    Apologies, not that way! I found my notes today and you need an Update90, you can find this is the Layout installation, point to the MAX file for input, provide another MAX name for output, select Cleanup Connections and Update. That should fix it!
  • Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:28 PM

I used Update90.exe but still no luck!

When I use GC-Prevue to check my gerber files each physical layer is interpreted as 3 data layers instead of the usual one.

Data layers 1 & 2 don't seem to have any visible data, layer 3 seems to define the whole layer.

Anyway GC-Prevue draws the board correctly.

I bit the bullet (counted holes/sizes from the drill file) to get Ver 2.1 out to the board manufacturer.

This problem has been around since Ver 1.0 and the boards have been produced OK so I can live with it.

Thanks for your help.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Mr Simplicity at 22 Feb 2013 09:37 AM. Topic has 4 replies.