Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Library Manager fonts

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Library Manager fonts 

Last post Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:19 PM by skillUser. 8 replies.
Started by CRW1 19 Feb 2013 12:44 PM. Topic has 8 replies and 1488 views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:44 PM

• CRW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 7 2009
    • Crane, IN
    • Posts 8
    • Points 230
    Library Manager fonts Reply

I like to use high resolutions for the purposes of layout, but this makes my fonts incredibly hard to see/read. I've set Opus.labelFont and Opus.textFont in my .Xresources, but what variables do I need to set for Library Manager fonts?

-CRW
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:14 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,594
    • Points 16,040
    Re: Library Manager fonts Reply

Hi,

It looks as though you might be able to use something like the following to set fonts (I have not tried this, but this is in the IC5x documentation):

cdsLibManager*textFontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*buttonFontList: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

cdsLibManager*labelFontList: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*XbaeMatrix*fontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

cdsLibManager*Tree.XmHierButton.fontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*copyErrorDestLib.fontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

cdsLibManager*copyErrorMessage.fontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*cdsComboBox.edit.fontList: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*XmMenuShell.buttonFontList: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    cdsLibManager*menuBar.XmCascadeButtonGadget.fontList: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hope this might be helpful?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:03 AM

• CRW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Crane, IN
    • Posts 8
    • Points 230

Thank you. I will try this and post back results. I had found some information for cdsLibManager variables, but only for affecting default size and location of the window. I figured there had to be a font variable too, but couldn't find it listed. Could you reply with which documentation manual this is in? I found the geometry settings in libManager.pdf.

I'm using both IC 5.1.41_USR6.127.29 and IC6.1.5.500.14, depending on process.

-CRW
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:16 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,594
    • Points 16,040

This is in the IC5141 documentation.  I've tried a few things in IC615 but it does not appear that these settings have any effect. I did not test IC5141.

Good luck!

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:06 PM

• CRW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Crane, IN
    • Posts 8
    • Points 230

I found the commands you listed in the libManager.pdf from the IC5.1.41 documentation, but it doesn't appear in the IC6.1.5 documentation. These work for IC5.1.41, but those variables don't seem to affect Library Manager in IC6.1.5.

IC6.1.5 Library Manager seems to indicate that all customizations are done in Skill in the cdsLibMgr.il file. I can't seem to find this file.

Anyone know if there is a default/example cdsLibMgr.il file and where it's located?

-CRW
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:17 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,594
    • Points 16,040

Hi,

This file does not exist by default, you create it if you need/want to customize the Library Manager with SKILL.  Here is a link to a zipped cdsLibMgr.il example which was written to work alongside the SKILL file CCSopenReadOnly.il  This example does not do anything with regards to the font settings, so it will be of dubious use as an example in this case I think, besides how do you propose to set the Library Manager font with SKILL? (For example, hiSetFont() would NOT work here).  Perhaps there is no publicly documented way to modify or set the fonts for the Library Manager in IC61x?  Send me an email note (Contact link?) as I have an idea...

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:33 PM

• CRW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Crane, IN
    • Posts 8
    • Points 230

The libManager.pdf from the IC6.1.5 documentation has a brief example on pg. 286 for setting the font of the Design Manager pull-down, and then Example 6 on pg. 296 shows changing a label name for a button and the corresponding font. I was hoping if I looked through the SKILL quick reference enough, I might find something a bit more generic or higher level to set fonts for all drop downs, text, or buttons.

I willl copy this response to an e-mail.

-CRW
    • Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:05 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,594
    • Points 16,040

Hi CRW,

I just found Solution Article 11691560 This talks about setting a UNIX environment variable: CDS_LIBMGR_OVERRIDE_STYLE_FONT, set it to an available style font (such as one returned by "xlsfonts) and you should get the different font in a new Library Manager window - the same font is used throughout, for menus, labels etc. so choose the font wisely :-)

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:19 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,594
    • Points 16,040

I tried the examples of setting font styles for individual object but they appear to be ignored with no warning or error messages.  So it seems that the individual font settings for the various labels, buttons and menus in the Library Manager no longer have any effect either (in line with the .Xresources settings not working any more in IC61x), so my above post may be the only way to affect the Library Manager fonts. 

Regards,

Lawrence.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by CRW1 at 19 Feb 2013 12:44 PM. Topic has 8 replies.