Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How do I delete a Net

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I delete a Net 

Last post Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:23 AM by oldmouldy. 4 replies.
Started by Fixitman 19 Feb 2013 08:32 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 638 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:32 AM

• Fixitman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 19 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    How do I delete a Net Reply
    I'm a green horn here and have been given a project to lay out a design.I have a previous layout and have been told to delete everything except the connectors, preserving the form factor.I have been able to delete everything... all the components, nets, pads and Via's by just selecting them and clicking on the “X”, except what is labeled as "Net 0". If I try to delete any portion of the net it responds with an illegal operation error. I suspect the net is somehow grouped to something else or because it is a group in itself the program will not allow me to delete a segment. I have tried to select the entire net, but still no luck.Anyone ever run into this?
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:45 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,408
    • Points 24,030
    Re: How do I delete a Net Reply

Which exact version from Help>About might be a start.

Try Tools>Database Check, check all the boxes and "Check", see if that gets rid of, or reports, anything.

Select the "Unfix" icon, then right-click, Unfix All and right-click>Done in the background canvas, fixed objects can be stubborn to manipulate.

Check that Everything, including groups is enabled in the find filter, hover the mouse over the item and right-click, see if you get a "disband" to breakup the group, that might make the elements deletable. Hovering the mouse should get you a datatip for the object type, that could get you on the way to deleting it.

It might be possible that the "route" belongs to a symbol, try File>Export>Libraries, send the library parts to a new subdirectory and open the DRA files to see if the route is actually in the library part, rather than the board.

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:07 AM

• Fixitman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Wow, such fast response time!Thanks, I will try your suggestions.I'm also concerned here that there will be remnants left over by trying to delete everything. Seems I should have been given a blank template to start with instead of a completed design.
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:39 AM

• Fixitman
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

BTW Release 16.6

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:23 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,408
    • Points 24,030
    You could try, add the Fixed Property to the connectors, or other parts, that you want to keep, save a copy of the board in this state and then load the Logic (netlist) with Place Changed Symbol - Never, and Allow Etch Removal During ECO enabled options and see if that clears things out but, if the etch is "really" stuck there, it might not be removed by this.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Fixitman at 19 Feb 2013 08:32 AM. Topic has 4 replies.