Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Exporting GDS Layout from Encounter with Connectivity Information

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Exporting GDS Layout from Encounter with Connectivity Information 

Last post Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:47 PM by wally1. 1 replies.
Started by francescodc 08 Feb 2013 02:53 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 847 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:53 AM

• francescodc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 8 2013
    • Pisa, Pisa
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Exporting GDS Layout from Encounter with Connectivity Information Reply

Dear All,

Since this is the first time i write on this forum, i first introduce myself: my name is Francesco Del Cesta and i´m a PhD student at the Univerisity of Pisa. I´m dealing with mixed-signal IC Design.

In this regard, i need to import in Cadence Virtuoso(6.1.4) a gds layout exported from Encounter(11.12).
    I succeeded in the streamIn, but in Virtuoso there is no connectivity information for the nets. When i click on a net of the digirtal layout (in virtuoso) and i check its connectivity, i see an empty field.
    Instead, in Encounter, i see the correct net names.

Does anybody knows how to export a gds file from encounter with the correct connectivity information?

I need to manually connect about two hundred nets from the digital layout to the analog layoout.
    I hope that, having the connectivity informations, by clicking on a net of the digital layout, virtuoso automatically highlights the corresponding net in the analog layout (as it does while working with two analog layout).

Thank You in Advance,
    Francesco

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:47 PM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 2,940
    Re: Exporting GDS Layout from Encounter with Connectivity Information Reply

Hi Francesco,

You need to transfer the data via DEF or OpenAccess (OA) to transfer the connectivity information. GDS is not netlist based and therefore does not have the connectivity information.

- Brian

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by francescodc at 08 Feb 2013 02:53 AM. Topic has 1 replies.